Saturday, April 7, 2012

MARKETING...Where next?

It is official.

I have sent over 500 emails to different media sources including newspapers, local television stations and shows, and Celiac newsletters informing them of my book about digestive disorders and kindly asking for a review.

I've heard back from 15. I honestly can't complain about the number. I'm just happy to hear back from someone. Out of the 15 that I've heard back from 12 agreed to write a review.

Now I just sit back and wait.

But, I'm not good at waiting. It's time to step up my imagination and find another resource in promoting my book.

I've been emailing Amazon Reviewers hoping to get a bite but out of the 50 emails sent but only 3 have responded back--each saying that they love my books concept but that they are so overwhelmed with books to review that they feel it would be unfair to take another one on. It could be a polite decline or the truth but either way it is still a no.

Roadblocks are not the end of the world; frustrating, annoying and disheartening yes, but I won't stop until I am satisfied I have tried every avenue in marketing my book.

So, where to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment